Skip to main content

The Piper's Pursuit by Melanie Dickerson

I'll be honest. I don't generally care for Christian fiction because a lot of what I read seemed really preachy and judgmental to me (although to be fair back in the day I was over the moon about Lurlene McDaniel) so a friend gave a rec for Melanie Dickerson and three days or something later, this book popped up on Netgalley.

I was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did.

So Kat and Steffan both obviously have PTSD and Stef is a recovering alcoholic. They are far from perfect in terms of mental health and they join together to figure out what the deal is with the Beast, a malevolent entity that has lured the children away from Hamlin.

They have to put up with Kat's dastardly (is there a word stronger than dastardly? Diabolical, maybe?) stepfather Hennek and his gross henchman.

I really liked the way this one ended and am very interested in checking out the other books in this series.

Comments

Your Favorite Posts!

Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes